Xiaomi Mi True Wireless Earbuds Basic 2 - User Guide
Mi Earbuds Basic 2 Overview
Xiaomi True Wireless Earbuds Basic 2 come with the size M of ear tips installed, you can switch to size S or L if the installed size does not suit your ear.
Gently insert Mi Basic 2 earbud into the ear canal, make sure it is not easy to sway when shaking your head.
Please pay attention to adjust the earbud to expose the microphone during calls.
Before using the device, please tear off the protective film from Xiaomi Basic 2 earbuds contact points to fully charge them and their charging case.
Connect the charging cable to charge the earbuds and the charging case simultaneously. The indicator is red while charging, and changes to white once fully charged, then goes off after 1 minute.
How to turn on/off the earbuds
Once you remove the earbud from the charging case, it automatically turns on. In case Mi Basic 2 Earbuds are not in the charging case and turned off, press and hold the multi-function button for 1 second till the indicator turns white.
Once you place the earbud into the charging case, it automatically turns off. When the earbud is turned on, press and hold the multi-function button for 5 seconds till the indicator turns red.
How to connect Mi Earbuds Basic 2 to a Phone
1. Remove both Mi Basic 2 Earbuds from the charging case simultaneously, and wait for the earbuds to automatically turn on. The indicator turns white and then changes into quickly blinking white and red alternately, which means the earbuds are connecting with each other. When the indicator of left/right earbud slowly blinks white, please enable the Bluetooth function on your device and search for "Mi True Wireless EBs Basic 2" to connect.
2. Once your device and earbuds are successfully connected, your earbuds will automatically connect to the previously paired device (the Bluetooth is enabled) when they are turned on.
Note: If you cannot pair the earbuds, place them back in the case and repeat the previous steps.
If Mi True Wireless Earbuds Basic 2 cannot connect properly, please carry out the following steps to reset: Remove the earbuds from the charging case, and make sure they are turned off. Press and hold the multifunction buttons on both earbuds for about 15 seconds until the indicator alternately blinks red and white three times, then release the buttons and place the earbuds back in the charging case. Once the earbuds are reset successfully, the connection between your device and the earbuds are cleared, you should pair them with your device again.
How to control the Earbuds
The following functions can be used on both earbuds:
Gently press the multi-function button to answer/ end calls.
Reject a call
Press and hold the button for 1 second to reject a call.
Press the multi-function button to play/pause the music while using Mi Basic 2 Earbuds.
Turn On Voice Assistant
Double press the multi-function button to enable the voice assistant while using the earbuds.
Note: The function of voice assistant and quick wake-up must be supported and enabled on your device.
1. Do not disassemble, repair or modify Mi True Wireless Earbuds Basic 2 for any reason, as this may cause fire or even completely destroy the product.
2. Do not expose the Earbuds to environments where the temperature is too low or too high (below 0°C or above 45°C).
3. Keep the indicators away from the eyes of children and animals while using the earbuds.
4. Do not use Xiaomi Mi Earbuds Basic 2 during thunderstorms. Thunderstorms may cause the product to malfunction and increase the risk of electric shocks.
5. Do not wipe and clean the earbuds or their case with alcohol or other volatile liquids.
6. Avoid any contact with liquids.
7. Excessive sound pressure from the earbuds can cause hearing loss.
1. If Mi Earbuds Basic 2 has not been used for more than 2 weeks, it is recommended to charge the product before use.
2. Only use certified chargers supplied by qualified manufacturers.
3. Continuous use of the earbuds for a long time is detrimental to one's hearing. Do not use the earbuds at a high volume for any extended period.
4. Using earbuds can reduce the perception of external sounds. Do not use earbuds in environments that may threaten safety. It is recommended to only use a single earbud when outdoors.
Due to the connection characteristics of the Bluetooth signal, in dense environments with 2.4 GHz electromagnetic signal interferences, there may be occasional disconnects or no sound.
Name: Mi True Wireless Earbuds Basic 2
Bluetooth Operating Frequency: 2402-2480 MHz (For EU)
Max RF Output Power: < 20 mW
Dimensions: 26.65 × 16.4 × 21.6 mm
Net Weight: Approx. 4.1 g (per earbud)
Wireless Range: 10 m (in an obstacle-free environment)
Battery Capacity: 43 mAh (per earbud)
Charging Time: Approx. 1.5 h
Music Playback Time: Approx. 4 h (earbuds only); approx. 12 h (charging case)
Standby Time: Approx. 150 h
Input: 5 V 100 mA
Battery Type: Lithium-ion Battery
Wireless Connectivity: Bluetooth 5.0
Bluetooth Profiles: HFP/A2DP/HSP/AVRCP