Xiaomi 70mai Dash Cam 1S - Manual
Product overview - Xiaomi Mi 70mai Dash Cam 1S
1. Install the electrostatic sticker
Clean your windshield and put the electrostatic sticker on the recommended area as shown in the right figure.
Make sure you remove air bubbles between the sticker and the glass.
2. Stick the camera mount to the windshield
Remove the protective cover from the mount and stick the mount's base to the center of the electrostatic sticker. Make sure your dash cam body is parallel to the ground.
Press the mount to attach it to the electrostatic sticker tightly.
3. Connect USB cable to the cigarette lighter receptacle
Align the cable with the top edge of the windshield and fasten it along the passenger's side and the glovebox as shown right.
Connect the cable to the power adapter and insert the adapter into the cigarette lighter receptacle.
Note: The cigarette lighter receptacle might be positioned differently in your car. The picture is provided for reference only.
Key functions - Xiaomi Mi 70mai Dash Cam 1S
Xiaomi Mi 70mai Dash Cam 1S only has one key, which is the power key. Different functions may be accessed by pressing the power key a different number of times for each function.
|Press once||Turn Wi-Fi on / off|
|Press three times in a row||Format memory card|
|Press five times in a row||Reset factory settings|
|Press and hold||Turn the Dash Cam off|
|Press briefly||Turn the Dash Cam On|
Xiaomi 70mai Dash Cam allows quick control through voice commands. When it is running, if you speak a quick command, it will trigger the corresponding function. It supports the following voice commands:
|Take picture||Quickly capture a photo|
|Record video||Record an emergency video clip and save separately to the event folder.|
70mai Mobile App
Please use the product with the 70mai app. To download and install the app, search for "70mai" in Google Play Store (Android) or App Store (iOS). Or you can download the app by scanning the QR code below:
70mai Smart Dash Cam 1S Wi-Fi hotspot:
Hotspot name: 70mai_d06_XXXX（Please check the label on the device for the hotspot name)
Default password: 12345678
Activate the dash cam when first time use
Power on the dash cam
When the dash cam boots up at first time, you hear voice prompt "70mai boots up, please activate the device by connecting to your cell phone" At this time, the indicator displays blue breathing state.
If the indicator displays blue but always light on, please press the power key to open Wi-Fi hotspot of the dash cam.
Use app connecting to the dash cam
1. Open 70mai dash cam app, sign in with your account.
2. At the homepage of app, click "Add new dash cam" and follow the guide to build connection to your dash cam. The default password of the dash cam is 12345678.
3. When you hear prompt "Please click the power key to authorize", press the power key to accept the connection request from your cellphone.
4. At first time connected to the dash cam, on the app you will see new user orientation. Please read it carefully to get to know the basic skills of using the dash cam, and to adjust the angle of your dash cam as well.
70mai App functions
1. Device list
If you didn't add any dash cam, the device list is blank. Click "Add new" button or "+" icon on the right side of the titlebar, to add a new dash cam.
If you have added your dash cam, click the device picture to enter the dash cam plug-in page.
If there are more than one dash cams in your device list, you can choose different device by slide the device picture.
2. Check firmware update
If there is new firmware available, a red dot appears on the "Firmware update" button on the bottom of homepage.
Click "Firmware update" to check firmware update. If there is new firmware, click "Download" to download update package to your cellphone. When the update package is downloaded, you need to enter the dash cam plug-in page to push the package to your device.
If your device has updated to the latest version, you can delete the update package by clicking the "delete" icon on the titlebar of firmware update page.
Dash Cam Plug-In
Before entering into the plug-in page, you have to connect your cellphone to the Wi-Fi hotspot of the dash cam. When you exit the plug-in page, the connection will be automatically broken.
Get realtime preview from the dash cam. You can switch to full size preview by clicking the "enlarge" icon on the right bottom of the preview.
2. Take photo
Click the "take photo" button to take a picture. When you hear a shutter sound and voice prompt "Photo was saved", the photo has been taken and saved in both albums of the dash cam and cellphone.
3.View the album of Xiaomi Mi 70mai Dash Cam 1S
At the dash cam plug-in page, click "Album" icon to enter the album of the device. You can find the videos and photos saved in the TF card. There are three sub-folders in the device album:
- Normal (videos)
- Event (videos)
You can play or download the videos and photos when you enter a specific list.
4. Modify device settings
You can modify the device settings by 70mai dash cam app. At the dash cam plug-in page, lick "Device settings" icon to enter the settings page.
You can change following device settings here:
|Boot up Wi-Fi state||On||Wi-Fi hotspot state when the device boots up.|
|Wi-Fi password||12345678||The password of Xiaomi Mi 70mai Dash Cam's Wi-Fi hotspot. When password changed, the connection between cellphone and dash cam will be broken, please rebuild the connection by using new password.|
|G-sensor||Low sensitivity||The sensitivity of g-sensor|
|Sound recording||Off||Sound recording state. If sound recording is on, the sound inside the vehicle will be recorded. All the videos and sound are saved only in TF card.|
|Speaker volume||Big||The sound volume of dash cam's speaker.|
|System time||-||System time of the dash cam. When 70mai dash cam app accesses the device, you can sync the cellphone's time to the device.|
|Adjust camera||-||Adjust the angle of Xiaomi Mi 70mai Dash Cam's camera.|
|TF card status||-||View the status of TF card and format the TF card.|
|Restore default settings||-||Restore all the device settings to default status|
|About||-||View the version information of the dash cam.|
5. Push update package
If you have downloaded the latest firmware package, enter the plug-in page, then click "Push update" icon to push the update package to the dash cam.
If there is no usable update package, the "Push update" icon is disabled.
When the dash cam is receiving update package, the indicator shows blue flashing state, and the recording is stopped.
At homepage of the app, click "User" icon on the left top to enter personal center
1. Modify profile
In personal center, you can modify your avatar, nickname, name, and gender.
2. Manage your devices
You can also manage your devices here. You can add new device, and delete existing device as well.
3. View app information
You can view the version, user agreement, privacy terms in personal center. If you have any question about the app and the dash cam, please give us your feedback.
Troubleshooting - Xiaomi Mi 70mai Dash Cam 1S
|Installation||Electrostatic sticker falls down||Clean your windshield, attach the electrostatic sticker to the glass, and remove the air bubbles between the sticker and the windshield.|
|The adhesive on the mount isn't sticky||Make sure the mount is attached to the center of the electrostatic sticker, not the edge.|
|Turning on||Camera doesn't work||Make sure the adapter is inserted tightly in the cigarette lighter receptacle, and the USB cable is connected correctly. Make sure that the car's engine is started and there is power output from the cigarette lighter receptacle. If this doesn't help, poke the Reset button on the bottom of the dash cam by a pin to restart it.|
|Camera reboots after it's powered on||Make sure you're using the original supplied accessories, pull out the adapter, and then insert again.|
|Working||Camera doesn't start recording after it's been powered on||You need to activate the dash cam by 70mai dash cam app when you are first time using the device. The device does not record videos if not being activated. If the device does not start recording while already activated, please check if your TF card meets the requirement of the device, and make sure you have formatted the TF card by the device before using.|
|Camera stops recording unexpectedly||Re-format your card or replace it.|
|Videos aren't clear||Make sure your windshield is clean and the dash cam's lens isn't covered by an object.|
|Sound isn't recorded||To protect your privacy, sound recording is closed by default. If you want to record the sound, please open sound recording in device settings.|
|Video files were corrupted||Replace the TF card based on your need.|
|System time not correct||Please adjust system time on your 70mai dash cam app after connect your cellphone to the device|
|Device doesn't respond||Press the Reset button using a pin, or press and hold the Power button to turn the dash cam off, and then turn it on again.|
|Connect to the device||Authorization failed||To protect your data, you are asked to press the power key to accept the connection request from the cellphone when you add a new dash cam to your app. Make sure you did the operation. If you had already added the dash cam in the app, but was notified "Authorization failed", please remove the dash cam in "My device" list, then add it back.|
|Can not play video in app||You might meet compatible probelms. Please submit the brand, type and system version of your cellphone in "Feedback", we will provide update solution to you.|
|Connecting to computer||Dash cam can't be found||USB cable provided with the the dash cam can only be used for charging. Use another cable to transfer data to your computer.|
1. 70mai Smart Dash Cam 1S records videos outside of moving vehicles. It can't protect drivers and passengers from any accidents. We shall not take any responsibility if the user gets involved in any traffic accident and/or bear any loss due to product failure, information loss, or product operation.
2. Due to differences in vehicle type, driving preferences, the environment, and other differences, parts of the product or the whole product may not work normally in some circumstances. The device may not record normally due to loss of power source, abnormal temperatures and/or humidity, collisions, damage to the TF card, and other reasons. We do not guarantee that all the recorded videos will be saved completely in any given situation. The images recorded by this product are for reference only.
3. Install the product correctly. Do not block the driver's vision. Do not obstruct the air bag. Keep the product at least 20cm away from the driver and passengers. Incorrect installation of the product may cause product failure and injury.
4. Keep this product away from strong magnetic fields to avoid damage.
5. Do not insert or pull out the TF card when the product is working to avoid damaging the TF card.
6. Use a TF card with storage capacity between 16GB and 64GB, and reading and writing speed not lower than Class10. Format the TF card before using it.
7. TF card may be damaged after repetitive use. Replace TF cards in time to maintain proper recording. We shall not bear any responsibility caused by failed TF cards.
8. The product can record and save footage of traffic accidents, but we do not guarantee all accident footage can be recorded and saved. Small collisions may not be detected by the sensor, therefore, the footage may not be placed among the event videos.
9. Do not use this product in temperatures higher than 60℃ or lower than -10℃.
10. The battery may get discharged if the device is not used for a long time. You might be asked to reset the device time when you power the device on again.
11. Do not shake or press the product. Strong impact or shaking may cause irreparable damage to the product.
12. Do not clean this product by chemical solvents or cleansers.
13. Use this product within the scope of the law.
14. Please note that the housing's temperature rises when the device is running.
1. 70mai Smart Dash Cam 1S X 1
2. USB cable X 1
3. Power adapter X 1
4. Electrostatic sticker X 1
5. Heat resistant adhesive (sticked to the mounting bracket) X 1
6. User manual X 1
Specifications - Xiaomi Mi 70mai Dash Cam 1S
Model name: Midrive D06
Resolution: 1080P, 30FPS
Extended storage: MicroSD card, 16GB~64GB, Class10 or above
Wi-Fi: IEEE 802.11 b/g/n 2.4GHz
Operation frequency: 2412-2472MHz
Max output power: 15.20dBm